- When lining flan rings, place the ring on a suitably sized heavy baking sheet and roll out pastry as described in 'Rolling out Pastry' pages.
- Roll pastry around pin as described in 'Rolling out Pastry' pages and lay carefully over the flan ring on the tin.
- Ease pastry gently into ring and press firmly down sides, again allowing a small excess at base as for the flan tins.
- Allow excess pastry to fall over sides and to cut it away use a sharp knife and trim all round the top outside edge of the ring.
- Gently ease pastry up all round the inside of the ring as described in the flan tin section so that the pastry stands slightly proud of the top of the ring.
Recipes that use this Technique