Fennel, Blue Cheese and Artichoke Puff Slice
Prep. Time: 20 minutes and under
Preheat oven to 200ºC, (180ºC for fan assisted), 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
- Place fennel and onion wedges onto a baking tray, drizzle with oil and roast for 15 - 20 minutes until just tender - allow to cool. Raise oven temp. to 220ºC, (200ºC for fan assisted), 425ºF, Gas Mark 7.
- Roll out pastry to a rectangle approx. 30 x 25cm (12x10”) trim edges with a sharp knife and place on a baking sheet. Score a 2.5cm/1” border around edge.
- Scatter fennel, onions and drained artichoke hearts over pastry within the border then crumble over the cheese. Brush border with beaten egg and bake for 18-20 minutes until pastry is risen and golden brown. Serve hot or cold - cut into wedges.
- 1 x 500g Block Jus-Rol™ All Butter Puff Pastry Thawed
- 2 fennel Trimmed and cut into 8 wedges each [if bulbs are big use one and a half]
- 2 Medium red onions Peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 Jar artichoke hearts Drained
- 200g blue cheese we recommend cashel blue or shropshire blue