A Sunday dessert classic!
Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Divide pastry in half and roll out one to line a 20 cm/8” shallow pie plate. Put to chill whilst you prepare the apples.
- Peel, core and thickly slice the apples, toss with the lemon rind and juice, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Pile into the pastry base.
- Roll out remaining pastry and use to top the pie, using trimmings for decoration as desired – we cut out rounds of pastry with a small cutter and then added stalks to give an ‘apple’ motif. Brush with water and dredge lightly with remaining sugar, bake for 20-25 mins until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
- 500g Jus-Rol™ All butter shortcrust pastry thawed
- 1 kg cooking apples peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 1 lemon juice and rind
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g caster sugar [plus a little extra sugar for dredging]