Blue Cheese & Smoky Bacon Tear & Share Bread
30 minutes bake time
Turn a can of Jus-Rol™ Tear & Share bread into an extra special treat with some creamy blue cheese and crispy smoked bacon pieces!
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Home Baked Tear & Share Garlic and Herbs
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g butter
- 50g diced pancetta or smoked bacon lardons
- 40g blue cheese, such as Stilton, roughly crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin with the oil.
- Open the can and cut each of the dough rolls into four equal pieces. Place half the pieces in the base of the tin. Scatter over half the Cheddar cheese, then top with the rest of the dough pieces.
- Scatter over the remaining Cheddar.
- Spoon the garlic spread from the pot into a microwaveable bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 25-30 seconds or until melted. Stir to mix. Drizzle the liquid all over the dough pieces.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes until risen, crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick frying over a medium heat. Add the diced pancetta or bacon lardons and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from the tin and place on a serving board. Top with the crumbled blue cheese and pancetta or bacon. Serve immediately.
- Pick any blue cheese you like to top this bread – Gorgonzola, Cambozola, Danish Blue or Roquefort will all taste just as good.
- Scatter over a few finely chopped toasted walnuts or hazelnuts before serving, if you like.