Camembert & Rosemary Tear & Share Wreath
30 minutes bake time
This delicious tear & share wreath, with gooey baked Camembert all ready for dipping, makes the perfect dinner party starter.
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 x 250g Camembert round, unwrapped
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Home Baked Tear & Share Garlic and Herbs
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6-8 short fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 20g butter
- 4 walnut halves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 3. Line a large baking sheet or shallow baking tray with lightly greased baking paper. Place the Camembert in the centre and using the tip of a knife slash the top of the cheese in a criss-cross pattern.
- Open the can and cut each of the dough rolls into four equal pieces. Arrange all the pieces of dough around the Camembert to create a wreath shape. The dough pieces should be just touching each other. Nestle the tomatoes, rosemary sprigs and bay leaves randomly between the dough pieces. Scatter any loose rosemary leaves over the top of the cheese.
- Spoon the garlic spread from the pot into a microwaveable bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 25-30 seconds or until just melted. Stir to mix. Drizzle the liquid all over the dough pieces (not the cheese). Bake for 26 minutes until the dough pieces are risen and light golden brown.
- Scatter over the chopped walnuts and bake for a further 4-6 minutes until the wreath is crisp and golden brown and the Camembert is very soft.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove as much of the lining paper from under the bread wreath as you can. Slide onto a serving board. Serve immediately.
- Insert a few slivers of garlic into the slashed Camembert or scatter over some finely chopped red chillies before baking, if you like.
- Replace the cherry tomatoes with wedges of fresh figs and a few fresh cranberries for a different flavour.
- For a festive touch, add a Christmas bow to the wreath before serving.