Cheesy Chorizo & Pepper Tear & Share Bread
30 minutes bake time
Spicy chorizo sausage and roasted peppers give this Jus-Rol™ Tear & Share bread a colourful and tasty topping – it’s perfect for a speedy snack with friends.
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Home Baked Tear & Share Garlic and Herbs
- 45g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 45g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 30g butter
- 30g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced and halved
- 50g ready-roasted peppers (see Tips), drained and sliced
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin with the oil.
- Open the can and cut each of the dough rolls into four equal pieces. Place half the pieces in the base of the tin. Mix together the grated cheeses and scatter over 30g, then top with the rest of the dough pieces. Scatter over another 30g of the cheese.
- Spoon the garlic spread from the pot into a microwaveable bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 25-30 seconds or until melted. Stir to mix. Drizzle the liquid all over the dough pieces. Bake for 24-26 minutes until risen, crisp and just golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sliced chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Remove the tin from the oven and scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake for a further 4-5 minutes until just melted.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from the tin and place on a serving board. Top with the peppers, chorizo and torn basil leaves. Serve immediately.
- You’ll find ready-roasted peppers (sometimes called pepper antipasto) in jars or in tubs in the chilled cabinet of most large supermarkets.
- Instead of the peppers you could use chopped marinated artichokes or mushroom antipasto, if you prefer.