Goat’s Cheese & Caramelised Onion Chutney Tear & Share Bread
30 minutes bake time
Topped with tangy goat’s cheese and sweet onion chutney, this delicious sharing bread will be gone in minutes!
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Home Baked Tear & Share Garlic and Herbs
- 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 30g butter
- 60g goat’s cheese, sliced and halved (see Tips)
- 2 tablespoons caramelised onion chutney
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin with the oil.
- Open the can and cut each of the dough rolls into four equal pieces. Place half the pieces in the base of the tin. Scatter over the Cheddar cheese, then top with the rest of the dough pieces.
- Spoon the garlic spread from the pot into a microwaveable bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 25-30 seconds or until melted. Stir to mix. Drizzle the liquid all over the dough pieces. Bake for 28-30 minutes until risen, crisp and golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from the tin and place on a serving board. Top with the goat’s cheese, then spoon over the chutney and scatter with thyme leaves. Serve immediately.
- Any chutney can be used instead of the caramelised onion. Why not try a tomato one or even a fruity mango chutney
- Choose a round creamy goats’ cheese with white rind – it will slice easily and melt deliciously into the hot bread.