Mini Sourdough Pizzas
20 minutes bake time
Great for a speedy supper served with salad or coleslaw, these mini pizzas have a lovely deep sourdough base that’s full of flavour. Choose whatever toppings you like!
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 pack Jus-Rol™ Sourdough Pizza Base (remove the pack from the fridge 15 minutes before baking)
- 100g tomato and herb pizza sauce
- 60g wafer-thin slices smoked ham
- 75g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Large baking sheet
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Lightly flour your hands and the work surface. Open the pack and remove the dough. Divide into 6 equal pieces (about 65g each). Lightly shape each piece of dough into a round ball.
- Using your fingertips, pinch and shape each ball of dough into a flat round about 10cm in diameter. Allow the dough to hang vertically all the time – the weight of the dough will help to make it stretch and become thinner. Don’t use a rolling pin as this will damage the dough.
- Place all the dough rounds on the baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce over each round and top with the ham, cheese and tomatoes. Bake for 20 minutes until golden at the edges and the cheese is melted and browned on top. Serve hot garnished with basil leaves.
- You can vary the toppings as you like, replace the ham with thin slices of pepperoni or salami or, for a veggie version, top with sliced peppers and mushrooms.
- Instead of the tomato and herb pizza base, you could use green or red pesto.