Pesto, Mozzarella & Tomato Tear & Share Bread
30 minutes bake time
Full of Italian flavours this quick and easy sharing bread makes a great starter for a supper with friends.
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Home Baked Tear & Share Garlic and Herbs
- 90g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 30g butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh green pesto
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 3. Grease a 900g loaf tin with the oil.
- Open the can and cut each of the dough rolls into four equal pieces. Place half the pieces in the base of the tin. Scatter over 30g of the cheese, then top with the rest of the dough pieces. Scatter over another 30g of the cheese.
- Spoon the garlic spread from the pot into a microwaveable bowl. Add the butter and microwave on high for 25-30 seconds or until melted. Stir to mix. Drizzle the liquid all over the dough pieces. Bake for 24-26 minutes until risen, crisp and just golden brown.
- Remove the tin from the oven and scatter over the remaining cheese. Bake for a further 4-5 minutes until just melted. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from the tin and place on a serving board. Top with small dollops of the pesto and scatter over the tomatoes and basil leaves. Serve immediately.
- Add a few shavings of grated Parmesan for an extra cheesy flavour, if you like.
- Look out for fresh pesto near the chilled dips in the supermarket but, if unavailable, some from a jar will taste just as good.
- If you have trouble removing the bread from the tin, run a silicone knife or spatula around the edge of the bread to gentle separate the cheese from the loaf tin.