Professional Salmon, Prawn and Tomato Pies
Find out how to make salmon, prawn and tomato pies with this pro-style recipe - made with Jus-Rol's all butter puff pastry and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1.5 kg Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry Thawed
- 500 g Salmon fillet, skin removed
- 480 g Cooked prawns, large or king sized ones are best for a moist fill
- 6 Tomatoes, diced
- 5-6 tbsp Tomato puree
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Cut salmon into medium sized pieces and combine with prawns, tomato, purée and Tabasco sauce. Season with black pepper and very lightly with salt.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 16 x 12.5cm/5" disc and 12 x 7.5cm/3" discs.(You will have to re roll pastry to achieve this).
- Divide the salmon mixture between the large pastry discs and spread evenly over pastry leaving a good border all round.
- Brush borders with beaten egg and lay the smaller circles of pastry over top of filling, then pinch up the borders all round to seal in filling.
- Make a small steam hole in top of each pie and brush again with beaten egg.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until pastry golden brown.