Professional Turkey, Ham & Vegetable Pie
Find out how to make turkey, ham and vegetable pie with this professional recipe - made with Jus-Rol's all butter shortcrust pastry and ready in 30 minutes.
- 1.5 kg pack Jus-Rol™ Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3 Onions, peeled and chopped
- 5-6 tbsp oil
- 8 Medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 kg cooked turkey diced
- 1 kg cooked ham diced
- Scant 1.25ltr Turkey or chicken stock
- 3 rounded tbsp flour
- 140 ml cream or creme fraiche
- Salt and black pepper
- Large pan
- Pie Dish
- Pastry Brush
- Heat oil in a large pan, gently sauté the onion and carrot until just tender, sprinkle in the flour and then gradually add the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring all the while.
- Add the turkey, ham and cream (or crème fraÎche) and season to taste, then allow to cool.
- Divide the cooled filling between 12 individual pie dishes, divide pastry into 12 equal pieces and roll out each large enough to top one pie dish.
- Brush rims with beaten egg, lay rolled out pastry over dish, trim off excess and press the edges firmly down to seal. If desired use trimmings to make a decoration of leaves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.