Preheat oven to 220ºC(200ºC for fan assisted ovens) 425ºF/Gas M 7. Have ready a lined baking sheet.
- Unroll pastry sheet, trim edges with a sharp knife and cut into 4 equal squares. Take one square and fold in half diagonally to form a triangle shape.
- With a sharp knife make a cut from the folded edge towards the point approx. 1cm in from side, but leave point intact. Repeat with other side, open out square and brush borders lightly with beaten egg, then fold over the borders to lay on opposite side of base square. Prick centre, brush borders with egg wash.
- Repeat with remaining squares, place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile place tomatoes on a second baking sheet, drizzle with oil and put in oven to roast.
- Once the cases are risen and golden, remove from oven, place a tbsp. of tapenade in base of each case, top with roasted tomatoes and serve with rocket leaves and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
*tip for what to do with unused pastry