Spicy Pizza Puffs
Try this delicious spicy pepperoni pizza puff recipe made with pepperoni and mozarella. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry ovals and scattered with basil leaves.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Oval
- 1 Generous teaspoonful of tomato puree, passata or pesto
- 3 Halves of cherry tomato
- 2-3 Slices of red onion
- 3 Slices pepperoni or other spicy sausage of your choice
- 20 g Mozzarella or other cheese of your choice
- Beaten egg to glaze Basil leaves to garnish - optional
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Lay the pastry oval onto a baking sheet and spread the centre with the tomato puree. Top with the cheese, halved tomatoes and spicy sausage, leaving a border all around the edge.
- Brush the pastry border with egg glaze and bake for 10-15 minutes until pastry is risen around the edges and golden.
- Serve at once scattered with basil leaves.