Fudgie Apple Pies
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious fudgie apple pies recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol’s sweet dessert pastry, cox apples, clotted cream and walnuts.
- 1 x 375g pack Jus-Rol™ Sweet Dessert Pastry
- 4 medium size cox apples or any firm eating apple in season
- 50g cornish clotted cream fudge
- 25g walnuts chopped
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- Clotted cream, optional
- Apple core
- Chopping Board
- Pyrex Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted) / Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the fudge and walnuts and fill the apples to the top.
- Divide the pastry into four equal quarters and roll out each until half a centimetre thick.
- Lightly score the skin of the apple and place in the middle of the pastry. Bring the edges of the pastry up to enclose the apple and press around to make sure it is securely sealed, trimming off any excess.
- Use the pastry trimmings to cut out 3 leaf shapes and score veins in them using the edge of a knife. Attach them to the pastry apple using the beaten egg.
- Make a small hole in the top to let out the steam and brush each apple parcel with the beaten egg.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the apple is soft when pierced with a skewer. Serve warm with clotted cream for an extra special touch!