25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious treacle tart recipe for a tasty teatime treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and best served with whipped cream.
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry Thawed or use all butter pastry
- 100g breadcrumbs Fresh White
- 350g golden syrup
- 1/2 lemon grated rind and juice
- Rolling Pin
- Loosebased rectangular flan tin
- 23cm 9inch flan tin
- Preheat oven to 200°C(180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas 6.
- Have ready a 23cm / 9″ flan tin.
- Gently heat syrup and stir in breadcrumbs, put aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out pastry and line your flan tin. Stir juice and rind into syrup mixture and place in base of pastry case.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until pastry golden brown.
- For a traditional look decorate the top of the tart with pastry strips cut from any trimmings and formed into a lattice design.