No Dish Lemony Apple and Almond Tart
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious no dish lemony apple and almond tart recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry pack
- 4 bramley cooking apples peeled, cored and cut into medium slices. you can also use similar cooking apples
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 2tbsp caster sugar and extra for sprinkling
- 2-3tbsp ground almonds
- 25g almonds flaked
- Mint leaves for serving, optional
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted) 400ºF/Gas M 6.
- Roll out pastry large enough to form a 35cm disc and lay on a baking sheet. Brush all round edges lightly with water and fold over 2-3cm all round to form an edge.
- Combine the apple slices with juice, sugar and ground almonds and place on tart base. Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and apples just cooked.
- Scatter with lemon zest and if desired a few mint leaves before serving.