Prawns with Crème Fraiche Filo Tartlets
12 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for prawn and crème fraiche filo tartlets – made with Jus-Rol’s filo pastry sheets, great party food.
- Jus-Rol™ filo pastry sheets Thawed
- 4-5 prawns shelled prawns per tartlet
- 248ml crème fraiche
- 1-2tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime
- dill to garnish
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Pastry Brush
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas 4.
- Have ready a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Unfold the stack of filo sheets, cut in half widthways and in 4 lengthways to give 8 equal squares per sheet.
- Layer up 4 filo squares at a time, with their points off set, brushing each lightly with melted butter as you layer. Press each ‘stack’ of 4 squares into a muffin form and continue with remaining pastry.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes until golden brown. Cool and store until required for filling.
- Combine crème fraiche and mayonnaise and season to taste, spoon into bases of the tartlets.
- Toss the prawns in juice and rind of half the lime, pile on top of crème fraiche and garnish with small wedges of lime and dill.