40 minutes bake time
Try this delicious pumpkin pie recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, maple syrup and double cream and topped with nuts.
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry
- 350g pumpkin flesh, cut into pieces
- 3tbsp golden caster sugar
- 248ml double cream
- 3 eggs Large
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3tbsp maple syrup
- Crème fraiche, for serving
- Rolling Pin
- Baking paper
- Baking Beans
- 23cm 9inch flan tin
- Food processor wire whisk
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas M6.
- Lay pumpkin on a baking sheet, cover with foil and cook in oven for 15- 20 minutes until soft. Meanwhile roll out pastry and use to line flan tin. Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15 minutes until just cooked but not too brown.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, place in a food processor with sugar, cream, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla and whizz together until well mixed. Alternatively you can mix them all together by hand with a wire whisk.
- Carefully pour filling into pre baked pastry case, reduce oven to180°C Gas M 4 and bake for approx. 40 minutes until set. Allow to cool
- Top with crème fraiche and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Serve with maple syrup.