Apple, cinnamon and granola brunch puffs
11 minutes bake time
These Apple, Cinnamon and Granola Puff Pastries are great any time of the day. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry these Puffs taste amazing.
- 2 cans of Jus-Rol Ready-to-Bake Cinnamon Swirls Dough
- 2 small eating apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp breakfast granola, roughly crushed
- 1 medium egg mixed with 1 tbsp runny honey
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180c/ 160 fan assisted ovens/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Open the cinnamon swirl cans and unroll the dough, cinnamon-side facing up (see Cook’s Tip). Spread the cinnamon layer evenly across the top of the pastry.
- With the cinnamon side facing up, cut each length of pastry into 3 squares.
- Place slices of apple on one half of each square (bearing in mind you will be folding in half diagonally), keeping a 5mm border. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the breakfast granola over each pile of apple. Brush the border with some of the honey and egg mixture and press the edges together to seal to make triangle shapes.
- Place on the greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, pierce two small slits in the top of each apple puff to let the steam escape.
- Finely crush the remaining granola.
- Brush the tops with some of the egg and honey mixture, sprinkle over the remaining granola and bake for 10-11 minutes until puffed up and golden. Use the included icing sugar to sieve over, as liked. Delicious warm or cold.
- Cook's Tip: As you unroll the dough, if a little of the cinnamon mixture has stuck to the underside scrape off with a knife and spread along the top.