25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious traditional apple pie recipe – a Sunday dessert classic. Made with Jus-Rol all butter shortcrust pastry and spiced with cinnamon.
- 1.5 kg pack Jus-Rol™ Frozen Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 3 kg Cooking apples
- Juice and rind of 3 lemons
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g Caster or soft, light brown sugar
- Little more sugar for dredging
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Pie Dish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Divide pastry into 6 equal portions and roll out to line 3 20cm/8″ shallow pie plates. Put to chill whilst preparing the apples.
- Peel, core and thickly slice the apples, toss with the lemon rind and juice, the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Pile into the pastry bases.
- Roll out remaining pastry and use to top the pies, using trimmings for decoration as desired.
- Brush with water and dredge lightly with remaining sugar, bake for 20-25 mins until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.