Baked Camembert with Cranberry Sauce
20 minutes bake time
Throw together a delicious get together this Friday night with this recipe
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- 1 round camembert cheese
- 2 tablepsoons cranberry sauce
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Pastry Brush
- Rolling Pin
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan assisted ovens/gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Open the croissant can and unroll the dough.
- Leaving 2 triangles attached to one another (to make a rectangle), cut the dough down the seam. Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry to create a 2mm thick square, allowing the seam between the two triangles to fuse together. Place on the baking tray.
- Place the camembert in the centre of the croissant square and spoon the cranberry sauce on top of the camembert.
- Lift the excess croissant dough over the camembert, overlapping the flaps until the cheese is fully covered and it looks like a parcel. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Using the leftover croissant dough cut out decorative leaves or your favourite shapes and place on the centre of the croissant covered camembert to cover the overlapping dough seams. Brush the leaves with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and risen. Serve immediately.