45 minutes bake time
Delectable desert made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry sheet. Enjoyed warm or cold anytime!
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Shortcrust pastry sheet
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g ground almonds
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 30g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C (fan)/Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry to line a 23cm flan case. Place baking or greaseproof paper on top, fill with baking beans and bake for 12-15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 190C (170C fan assisted oven) Gas 5.
- Meanwhile combine the butter, sugar and almonds and then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Spread the base of the pastry case with jam and when the pastry is completely cool spread the almond mixture evenly over the jam and scatter over the flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the filling is golden brown and set in the middle. (If the filling appears to ‘wobble’, then return to oven for 5-10 minutes. If the top is getting too brown, lower the temperature by 10 degrees.
- Serve warm or cold, dusted with icing sugar.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Once completely cool, the tart can be cut into slices put in an airtight container and frozen for up to a month.
- For a fruity treat, scatter fresh raspberries over the jam before adding the almond filling.