Beef Ragu & Chorizo Pie
30 minutes bake time
Try this hearty beef ragu and chorizo pie recipe for a delicious meal. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, beef, chorizo red wine and vegetables.
- 500 g Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry block
- 4 tbsp. of Rapeseed Oil
- 200 g Onions peeled and diced 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 800 g Beef diced
- 1.2l Red wine
- Sea Salt & Pepper Mill
- 400 ml Chicken stock
- 200 g Chorizo diced
- 200 g Carrots peeled and small diced
- 200g Celery, peeled and small diced
- 300g Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Green Pesto
- 2 Egg Yolks beaten
- Griddle pan
- Roll out the Jus-RolTM Shortcrust Pastry on a lightly floured surface until 1/2 cm thick.
- Cover with cling film to avoid drying out.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan and add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the beef and cook for 10 minutes then add the wine.
- Season and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Add the chorizo, vegetables and tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the pesto, correct the seasoning and remove from the heat.
- Place into a large pie dish and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with the pastry, seal the edges and trim any excess pastry and brush with the egg yolks.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add a little oregano to the recipe
- Use nut free pesto to reduce allergen concerns