Ben’s Pepper and Camembert Tart
40 minutes bake time
Taste of fresh roasted peppers with the cheesy decadence of Camembert. Made with Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry Sheet is winner at the dinner table!
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Shortcrust pastry sheet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 150g good quality tomato pasta sauce
- 1 x 250g Camembert cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C for fan assisted/ Gas 5
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the peppers and onions and cook over a medium/high heat for 4-5 minutes, until starting to colour. Set aside to cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and line a shallow baking tin, approximately 20cm by 30cm (if using a rectangular tin).
- Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 10 minutes, or until the pastry is lightly golden and cooked.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the base of the pastry, top with the peppers and red onion and lay the slices of Camembert over the top.
- Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm cut into squares.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold!
- Instead of using a tomato pasta sauce, you can use pesto, or even a good quality tomato chutney.