50 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for cherry and almond tart. Juicy cherries and ground almonds baked in golden Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 2 Eggs, 1x beaten and 1x whole
- 4 tbsp Cherry jam
- 60g Butter, softened
- 60g Caster sugar
- 60g Ground almonds
- 1tbsp Flour
- 16 Fresh cherries, de-stoned (plus extra for decoration)
- 200ml Double cream
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Rolling Pin
- Baking paper
- Sharp knife
- 4 x 10cm fluted tart tin
- Baking Beans
- Food processor
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll the pastry in between two sheets of greaseproof paper to 3mm thickness, cut into 4 and transfer into the fluted tart tins. Gently prick the base and cover with one sheet of baking paper, fill with baking beans and blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and paper, brush with beaten egg and return to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4.
- Once the cases are cooled spread the cherry jam over the base of each pastry case.
- Next make the frangipane mix by putting the butter, caster sugar, almonds, flour and the remaining egg in to a food processor and blitzing until combined. This can also be done by using an electric hand whisk. Spoon the mixture in to the pastry case so the case is half full and add then add the cherries. Return to the oven and bake for a further 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and spread over each of the tarts. Add the remaining cherries and dust with icing sugar.