Chicken & Chorizo Pies
25 minutes bake time
Deliciousness of chicken with hearty chorizo in a traditional pie recipe. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and dried rosemary.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 175g chorizo, skin removed and sliced
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 400g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- 1 x 320g ready rolled sheet Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- A few pinches of sweet or hot smoked paprika
- Frying pan
- Pastry Brush
- 4 small individual pie tins
- Fry the onions and chorizo together in a big frying pan until the onion is soft and the chorizo starting to crisp up. Stir in the chicken chunks for a few minutes to seal, then stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock and rosemary. Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the tomato sauce reduced.
- Stir in the beans and season with pepper, then divide the pie filling between 4 individual pie dishes. Leave to cool.
- When the filling has cooled, brush the edge of each pie dish with a little egg. Unroll the pastry sheet and cut it into 4 quarters (roll the pastry out a little thinner if you need them bigger). Put a pastry lid on each pie, then trim the excess by running a sharp knife along the edge of the dishes and crimp the edges of the pie with a fork. Brush the top with beaten egg, then scatter over a little paprika. Chill until needed or bake straight away.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6. Poke a steam hole in the center of each pie and then bake for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.