Chorizo & Red Onion Shortcrust Tarts
15 minutes bake time
These little tarts are very easy to make and delicious to eat!
- Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry Block
- A little oil for sauteing
- 2 Red onions, peeled and sliced
- 150-200g chorizo sausage, skin removed and cut into small chunks
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml single cream or milk or cream and milk combined
- Few leaves fresh parsley or coriander – chopped
- Frying pan
- Tart Tin
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 6
- In a medium frying pan gently sauté the onions together with the chorizo sausage for approx. 10 minutes until onions are tender. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Divide pastry into 8 equal portions and roll out each large enough to line a 10cm individual tart tin. (If you do not have individual tins use a 23cn flan tin or similar.)
- Beat together the eggs and cream and season with salt and black pepper and add a little chopped herbs if desired. Scatter the onions and chorizo in the lined tart cases and then divide the egg mixture between them.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes until the pastry is pale golden and the egg filling set and lightly golden.
- Serve warm or cold, scattered with further parsley or coriander if desired.