Crab & Asparagus Quiche
6 - 8 Servings
70 minutes bake time
Creamy crab meat with crunchy asparagus, this quiche recipe is made with Jus Rol shortcrust pastry. Best served warm or cold with a little extra scattering of dill. Enjoy!
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- A little flour
- 250g white crab meat
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1tbsp chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- 2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 300ml sour cream
- 20 asparagus tips
- Rolling Pin
- 20cm round loose bottomed tart tin
- Foil or greaseproof paper
- Baking Beans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) Gas Mark 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until big enough to line a shallow, 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and cook for 10 minutes more until golden.
- Scatter the crab meat, spring onions and dill evenly into the pastry case. Whisk together the whole eggs, yolks, sour cream and seasoning and pour into the tart case. Arrange the whole asparagus spears on top, then bake for 35-40 minutes until just set. Serve the tart warm or cold, scattered with a little extra dill.