Creamed Root Vegetable Pie
45 minutes bake time
Try this tempting creamed root vegetable pie recipe for a delicious meal. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, celeriac, onion, leek and carrot and parsnip.
- 450g Jus-Rol, shortcrust pastry
- 20g garlic, chopped
- 150g Onion, diced
- 200g carrot, diced
- 200g celeriac, diced
- 150g leek, diced
- 200g butternut squash, diced
- 200g parsnip, diced
- 15g fresh thyme, chopped
- 500ml béchamel sauce
- Egg wash
- Pie Dish
- Sauté the garlic, onion & carrot in thick bottom pan.
- Add the celeriac, squash, parsnip & leek and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Add the béchamel sauce & fresh thyme.
- Taste and correct the seasoning if required. Place into an earthenware dish.
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick.
- Place the pastry over the dish, trim to fit and crimp & seal the edges.
- Egg wash and bake for 45 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Allow to stand before serving.