Crispy Summer Rolls
14 mini spring rolls
20 minutes bake time
Served hot or warm with the sweet and spicy dipping sauce, this summer spring roll is a hit at any lunch or dinner table. Made with fresh prawns and crunchy filo pastry.
- 125g ready-softened vermicelli rice noodles
- 22 cooked prawns, halved lengthways
- 100g white cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- Handful coriander leaves
- 2tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 x 270g pack Jus-Rol Filo Pastry
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 1tsp ginger paste
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6. Prepare all the filling ingredients first – put the noodles, halved prawns, cabbage, carrot, coriander and peanuts in bowls.
- Unroll the filo and use scissors to cut the whole stack of layers in half, so you have 14 smaller rectangles. Take one sheet at a time to assemble, keeping the rest covered with a tea towel.
- Brush the pastry all over with a little oil. Along one of the shorter edges of the pastry, add a few coriander leaves with 3 prawn halves. Top with some noodles, a little carrot, some shredded cabbage and a sprinkle of peanuts – don’t overfill it. Fold over the pastry at either end of the line of filling to keep it in, then roll up the filo tightly to make a spring roll shape. Brush a bit more oil over the outside and sit on a baking sheet. Repeat to make 13 more rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Meanwhile, mix together the dipping sauce ingredients and put in a small serving bowl. They’re delicious served hot or warm.