Makes 6 Servings
20 minutes bake time
Sweet & Sour delights with cheesy sugary puff pastry! Danish delights are a delight anytime!
- 1 x 320 g pack Jus-Rol, Ready rolled puff pastry
- 100g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tblsp caster sugar (to taste)
- 100g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C (fan)/Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry sheet and using a sharp knife cut in half lengthways. Cut each half into 3, so you have 6 squares, approximately 12cm by 12cm’s. Place the squares on a baking tray.
- Mix the cream cheese with the vanilla and sugar and place a generous teaspoon in the middle of each square.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a border around the pastry, approximately 1cm from the edge, but halfway around each side, leave 1cm of the pastry attached.
- Pick up a corner of pastry and bring it to the middle, repeat with all 4 corners and then sit a raspberry in the middle, pushing down so that the pastry seals together and stays in place. Place a raspberry in each of the 4 corners (refer to the final food image for reference).
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry has risen and is lightly golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely then serve.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- You can flavour the cream cheese with lemon or orange zest for a tasty alternative.
- This recipe works really well with a variety of fruit, such as peaches, blueberries and even pineapple!
- A delicious combination is pear and almond. Canned pears work best and ground almonds mixed through the cream cheese give a great flavour and texture!