Galettes with Blackberry Crumble
25 minutes bake time
Blackberry Galettes is an easy dessert to make & wonderfully delicious to eat. It’s perfect for an after dinner dessert so why not click here for the recipe!
- 1 x 375g pack Jus-Rol Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- A little flour for dusting
- 225g blackberries
For the crumble
- 75g cold butter, diced
- 50g ground hazelnuts or almonds
- 75g plain flour
- 75g Demerara sugar
- 1tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- Make the crumble by rubbing all the ingredients, except the chopped hazelnuts, together until crumbly.
- Divide the pastry into 4 even pieces and roll out one at a time on a lightly floured surface to a thin round. Reserve half the crumble, and sprinkle the rest over the middles of the pastry. Arrange the blackberries on top, huddling in the centre. Fold or pinch up the pastry edges a little around the fruit, then scatter over the reserved crumble with the chopped hazelnuts. Carefully lift the galettes onto a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes at least.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6. Bake the tarts for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp and the berries are oozing. Serve immediately with cream, yogurt or ice cream.