Goats Cheese and Aubergine Windmills
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious goats cheese and aubergine windmills recipe for tasty meal. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry and perfect served with in season vegetables.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry 127mm Square, thawed
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 25-30g Slice of goats cheese from a small crotin of goats cheese
- 1 Slice roasted aubergine
- 1tsp Pesto or tapenade
- To serve – onion marmalade or pesto
- Baking tray
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Place the pesto or tapenade in the centre of the pastry square, and top with the aubergine slice with the slice of cheese on top.
- Make cuts from each corner into the centre, stopping at the filling, and brush edges with the glaze. Bring one corner into the centre, press down lightly, then repeat with every alternate corner so that you create a ‘windmill’ effect.
- Glaze the top and bake for 12-14 minutes until pastry is risen and golden and the cheese just melting. Serve with in season vegetables and a small side dish of onion marmalade.