Honey & Lavender Panna Cotta Tartlets
50 minutes bake time
Try this delicious honey & lavender panna cotta tartlets recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol filo pastry – super for dinner parties.
- 4 Jus-Rol™ Filo pastry sheets
- Melted Butter
- 170ml double cream
- 70g Runny honey plus extra for serving
- 1tbsp Dried Lavender
- 4 Gelatine leaves soaked in cold water
- 284ml Buttermilk
- 1 Vanilla pod seeds
- Lavender flowers, to decorate – optional
- Muffin Tin
- Sharp knife
- Pastry Brush
- Wire rack
- Small Sieve
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 5.
- Brush muffin tin with melted butter.
- Cut each sheet of pastry into 8, brush with a little milk and line the muffin tin layering over each other so there are at least 3 layers. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile add the cream and honey into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the honey has dissolved. Bring to a simmer and then remove from the heat and add the dried lavender. Leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the cream mixture in to a jug and add the soaked gelatine leaves. Stir until dissolved and then add the buttermilk and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- Once the filo pastry cases are cool pour in the panna cotta and leave to set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Serve the panna cotta tarts with a drizzle of honey and lavender flowers to decorate.