Huntington Fidget Pie
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious Huntington Fidget pie recipe for a hearty meal option. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, bacon, apple, cider, onions and seasoning.
- 500g Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 450g Streaky bacon
- 300g Onions, chopped
- 450g Cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Generous handful of fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 150ml Cider
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- De-rind bacon, chop and mix with diced onions and apple, season with salt, pepper and fresh sage.
- Divide filling between 4 individual pie dishes or into one large dish. Pour in the cider.
- Roll out pastry to fit large enough to cut out four pie tops and place over dishes, pressing the edges well to seal.
- Cut a cross in the centre of each pie and fold back the triangles to expose the filling. Brush tops with beaten egg and bake for 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown and filling bubbling, serve hot.