40 minutes bake time
Find out how to make katt pie with this recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry, minced lamb or mutton and currants.
- 500g Jus-Rol, Shortcrust pastry block
- 450g minced lamb
- 200g currants
- 175g brown sugar
- Few sprigs thyme
- Rind of 1 large lemon
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- Rolling Pin
- 23cm Round loose bottomed flan tin
- Roll out half the pastry and use to line tin.
- Arrange layers of lamb, currants, sugar and lemon rind to the pie base scattering with thyme leaves and seasonings.
- Roll out remaining pastry to form a lid, place over pie, pinch edges together to seal. Trim off any excess and make 2-3 slits in top, brush with beaten egg and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold.