Mini Savoury Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for mini savoury tarts with a smoked salmon and dill filling and garnished with chopped herbs.
- 1 Jus-Rol, All butter shortcrust pastry
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- A little oil for sautéing
- 30g goats cheese
- 30g smoked salmon, torn into small pieces plus a little extra for garnish
- A few fronds of dill – chopped
- 1 large egg
- 100ml single cream
- Black pepper
- Chopped herbs to garnish
- 5cm cutter
- Mini Muffin Tins
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 6.
- If making the goats cheese variety, gently sauté the sliced onion in a little oil until just tender, allow to cool.
- Unroll pastry sheet and using a 5cm cutter cut out 20 discs and use to line a mini muffin mould.
- Divide the smoked salmon between 10 of the cases and snip a little dill on top. Then divide the cooled onions between the other 10 cases and crumble the goat’s cheese on top.
- Beat together the egg, cream and pepper and carefully pour into the cases, it is a good idea to pop mixture into a jug for this! Bake for approx. 15 mins until pastry is golden and filling is set. Garnish with more smoked salmon or chopped herbs if desired.