Partridge breasts with Pear Puffs
20 minutes bake time
Find out how to make partridge breasts with pear puffs with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry and a pear and cider marinade.
- 24 Jus-Rol™ 127mm Squares, defrosted
- 12 Partridge breasts
- 6 Ripe dessert pears
- 375 ml Medium dry cider
- Salt and black pepper
- Small bunch of fresh sage with stalks removed
- 12 Strings of redcurrants, optional
- 6 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Baking tray
- Shallow ovenproof pie dish
- Pastry Brush
- Place partridge breasts in a shallow dish with the cider, seasonings and a few of the sage leaves, roughly chopped – allow to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Peel, halve and core two pears and cut into 24 slices, keep remaining pears to one side.
- To assemble, lay half the pastry squares on the work surface, place two slices of pear, side by side on each then lay a partridge breast on top of each, keeping the marinade mixture. Scatter with a little chopped sage and a few redcurrants. Make parallel cuts in the remaining pastry squares but leave a border around edge of each. See also: How to make twisted corner baskets.
- Brush the borders of pastry around the partridge breasts with beaten egg, top each with a pastry square with the slits in, press edges firmly together, knock up edges and brush each with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes until pastry is risen and golden brown. Meanwhile, peel the remaining pears, core and slice.
- Heat together the cider marinade mixture and the redcurrant jelly and gently cook the pear slices until just tender.
- Serve the pear slices hot with the partridge puffs.