Rainbow Vegetable Pie
35 minutes bake time
This colourful and vibrant vegetarian pie will brighten up any rainy and cloudy day. Made with shortcrust, this recipe is easy, tasty and fun!
- 2 x 320g packs Jus-Rol™ ready-rolled Shortcrust Pastry 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large squares (approx 3cm square)
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into large squares (approx 3cm square)
- 1 good tomato pasta sauce (or pasata mixed with 1 tblsp tomato puree)
- 1 small courgette, trimmed, halved and cut into 1cm thick long slices
- 1 small aubergine, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2tbsp passata or tomato pasta sauce
- 2 fat cloves garlic Crushed
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 Medium free range egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baking Tin
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Dish
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted oven)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Place the peppers, courgettes, aubergine and onion in a large roasting tin, pour over the olive oil and mix everything together. (the vegetables should be in a single layer, so divide between 2 tins if necessary).
- Place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes, add the, garlic and thyme and return to the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir through the passata and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Unroll a pack of ready rolled Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry and use to line the base and sides of a 21cm pie dish. Alternatively, use our Shortcrust Pastry Block to ensure full coverage. Place the cooled roasted vegetables into the pastry case, wet the pastry rim of the pie with a little water. Unroll the other pack of pastry and drape the pastry lid on top of the pie, pressing the edges together using a fork to seal. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.