Salmon and Leek Tartlets
28 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for salmon and leek tartlets – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry and garnished with grated nutmeg.
- 500g block Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry
- 1 large leek, halved down length and sliced
- 50g butter, for sautéing
- 3 large eggs
- 248ml single cream
- Salt & black pepper and grated nutmeg to season
- 350g salmon fresh fillet, skinned
- Tart Tin
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Beans
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens) / 400°F / Gas 5.
- Divide pastry into 8 equal portions and use to line each tart tin, place on a baking sheet and then bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly saute leeks in butter until just tender, drain on kitchen paper and cool.
- Beat together eggs, cream, milk and seasonings and cut salmon into pieces.
- After 10 minutes take tray with tartlets from oven and remove baking paper and beans. Divide the salmon and leek pieces between the cases, then gently pour over the cream and egg mixture.
- Return tartlets to oven to cook for further 15 – 18 minutes, until custard is set and pastry golden.