Savoury Pie for Cold Cutting
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for savoury pie for cold cutting, a perfect dinner dish. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and sprinkled with poppy seeds.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust ready rolled round sheets
- 1 onion sliced
- 25g butter melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 lemon juiced & rind
- Salt & black pepper
- 250g cooked turkey diced
- 100g cooked ham, diced or chopped
- 150g cooked sausages, diced
- 50-75g stuffing
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tsp poppy seeds if desired
- Frying pan
- Balloon Whisk Baking sheet
- Sharp knife
- Pastry Brush
- Lightly sauté the onions in the butter until tender, allow to cool. Beat the egg lightly and remove a little for the glaze, then whisk the crème fraiche, lemon juice and rind into the rest of the egg, season well.
- Unroll one of the pastry sheets and lay on a lined baking sheet. Leaving a border of approx. 2cm all round, layer up the ingredients in an even stack, spooning the egg/ crème fraiche mixture on every now and then, and sprinkling with the chopped herbs as you go.
- Unroll the second pastry sheet and make 5 crescent shaped cuts radiating out from the centre but keeping the centre point intact. Brush the base pastry border with beaten egg, top with the second pastry sheet and press the edges firmly together to seal. Crimp or roughly flute the edges if you wish, brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired. Bake for approx. 20 minutes until pastry is a deep golden brown.
- To give it a little moisture we have added some lightly sautéed onions, a little egg & crème fraiche or cream mixture with lemon juice.