Spicy Salmon and Watercress Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this recipe for spicy salmon & watercress tarts – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry, it’s the perfect lunch and ready in 20 minutes.
- Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 2 Salmon fillets, skinless and diced
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- Small handful watercress leaves, plus a little extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp Salsa
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Greaseproof paper
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas M 6
- Unroll pastry sheet and cut into 4 equal rectangles, place on a lined baking sheet.
- Combine salmon, tomato and watercress in a bowl and stir through the salsa.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 rectangles and spread in an even layer leaving a good 1cm border all round.
- Brush borders with beaten egg then pinch up to form sides or a ‘wall’ all round the filling. Brush again and bake for 15 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Serve scattered with further watercress.