Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam Tarts
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious strawberry & rhubarb jam tarts recipe for a sweet and tasty dessert anytime. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry sheets.
- 1 x 320g ready-rolled sheet Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- A little flour
- 200g rhubarb, diced
- 200g strawberry jam
- Clotted cream, to serve (optional)
- 12 hole jam tart tin mould
- Fluted cookie cutters
- Rolling Pin
- Unroll the pastry and use an 8-10cm fluted cutter to cut out 12 circles – re-roll the trimmings if you need to. Press into the holes of a fairy cake tin, then chill in the fridge.
- Mix 1 heaped teaspoon of cornflour in a bowl with a little of the fruit jam mix to form a smooth paste. Then combine back into the saucepan with the other jam to thicken.
- Put the rhubarb and jam in a pan, cover and cook over a very low heat, stirring occasionally until the rhubarb has begun to soften and let out water. Take off the lid and cook on a higher heat, stirring constantly, until the rhubarb has softened and the mix is back to a jammy consistency. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan oven) Gas Mark 5.
- Spoon a little jam into each tart, then bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool completely before enjoying with a little clotted cream on top, if you like.