Strawberry and Cream Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious strawberry and cream tarts recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol sweet shortcrust pastry and served with a dusting of icing sugar.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Sweet Shortcrust Sheet
- 4 tsp Strawberry jam
- 150ml Double cream
- Drop vanilla essence
- 12 Strawberries
- Apricot jam, for glazing
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar (optional)
- Pastry cutters
- Tart Tin
- Pastry Brush
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry and on a lightly floured work surface and cut the pastry into 4 pieces. Lay each piece of pastry in a tart tin and carefully push the pastry into the edges. Trim the pastry by using the rolling pin and discard.
- Put the tart tins on to the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Allow to cool then add a teaspoon of jam in to each tart case.
- Whisk the cream with vanilla essence until soft peaks form and then spoon or pipe on top of the jam. Add the strawberries and glaze with warm apricot jam. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar.