Strawberry Shortbread Stacks
12 minutes bake time
Try this delicious strawberry shortbread stacks recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol sweet shortcrust pastry, flaked almond and crème fraiche.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 24 strawberries
- 25g flaked almonds
- 250ml crème fraiche or alternatively use whipped double cream
- 40g plain chocolate Melted
- beaten egg white to glaze
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted), 350ºF, Gas Mark 4
- Roll out Sweet Dessert pastry quite thinly to around 3-4mm thick and cut out twelve 10 cm discs. (You may have to re-roll out the pastry to gain all the discs). Place on lined baking sheet and prick with fork 3-4 times.
- Brush tops with beaten egg white, then sprinkle with a little caster sugar and scatter almonds over discs.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until pastry is just golden brown. Then allow to cool.
- Cut strawberries into 4-6 wedges depending on size of strawberry.
- Spread a generous spoonful of crème fraiche (or whipped double cream) over 6 of the discs, almond side facing up.
- Arrange strawberry wedges onto top of crème fraiche. Top with any remaining crème fraiche.
- If desired pipe melted plain chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the remaining 6 discs. Place almond/chocolate side up onto to top of mixture and serve.