Turkey, Venison and Cranberry Cups
30 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for turkey, venison and cranberry cups – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry.
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry Thawed
- 450g venison or other premium sausages or sausagemeat remove skins if sausages
- 300g cooked turkey diced
- 250g frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange – juiced and rind grated
- 2-3tbsp caster sugar to taste
- 1tsp cornflour mixed with water to make a smooth paste you can also use arrowroot
- Rolling Pin
- 12 hole deep bun tin
- Muffin Tin
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 12 rounds using an 11.5cm/ 41/2″ cutter. Use to line a 12 hole or 2×6 hole muffin tin. (You will need to re-roll the pastry once to achieve this number.
- Combine sausagemeat and turkey and divide between pastry cases, OR divide half sausagemeat between cases, top with tightly packed turkey meat and then finish with remaining sausagemeat. Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and meat cooked.
- Meanwhile, gently cook cranberries with juice, rind and sugar until berries are softened. Thicken with arrowroot or cornflour and cool slightly. Carefully remove pies from tin, place on a wire rack and top with cranberry mixture. Serve warm or cold.