How to Make Cinnamon Swirls
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Open your tube of cinnamon swirls and follow the packaging instructions.
- Unroll the dough, to a rectangle to make some generously sized rolls.
For best results, roll your dough chilled, straight from the fridge.
- Spread with as much cinnamon paste as you like and roll it back up.
Spread the paste with a knife or the back of a spoon. You can also add other fillings if you’d like.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into 6 equal pieces, bake for 10-14 minutes until golden.
The dough can be sticky, so you’ll need a good knife to slice.
- Empty the pot with icing sugar into a bowl, add 1-1 ½ teaspoons of water, stir well to separate any sugar lumps.
- Allow cinnamon swirls to cool slightly, then drizzle the icing on top of baked cinnamon swirls.
Note: Adjust icing consistency with more or less water until you achieve the desired thickness.
For a glossy appearance slightly warm 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and brush on top of freshly
baked swirls, allow to cool slightly, then drizzle the icing on top and enjoy!