How to Make Cinnamon Swirls
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Pull the corner of the red label down to the left.
- The can will open itself, then twist the can to remove the dough.
- Using a knife slice the rolled dough into 6 equal slices.
- Place the slices on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown
- Empty the pot with icing sugar into a bowl, add 1-1 ½ teaspoons of water, stir well to separate any sugar lumps.
- Allow cinnamon swirls to cool slightly, then drizzle the icing on top of baked cinnamon swirls.
Note: Adjust icing consistency with more or less water until you achieve the desired thickness.
For a glossy appearance slightly warm 2 tablespoons of apricot jam and brush on top of freshly
baked swirls, allow to cool slightly, then drizzle the icing on top and enjoy!