Apple and Bacon Sausage Rolls
20 minutes bake time
This recipe combines good quality sausage meat with diced cooked bacon and diced apple to give a delicious twist to an old favourite.
- Jus-Rol™ All Butter Puff Pastry Sheet
- 80g Pancetta, cooked and cooled
- 450g Sausage meat
- 1 Apple, diced
- 2 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- A few fresh sage leaves or parsley, chopped
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- Mixing bowl
- Sharp knife
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 7.
- Combine the pancetta with the sausage meat, apple, mustard and chopped herbs.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut in half lengthways to give you 2 long rectangles.
- Place half the sausage mixture along one of the rectangles, just off centre, so that there is a wide strip of pastry one side and a narrower one the other. Brush the narrower side lightly with beaten egg, then fold over the wider side to cover the sausage meat.
- Press the pastry firmly together and trim off to straighten the edge then using a sharp knife, gently ‘knock up’ the join to help seal it. Cut the strip into 6 or 8 equal pieces depending on what size sausage roll you prefer. Repeat with remaining pastry and sausage.
- Finally make cuts in the top of the rolls and glaze with beaten egg before baking for 18 – 20 minutes until pastry is golden and well risen. Serve warm.