Apricot, Pistachio & Honey Tart
40 minutes bake time
The aromatic flavour of pistachio is a great combination for apricot. So why not try it in a simple pastry tart? Best served with a drizzle of honey and a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of crème fraîche. Enjoy!
- 1 x 320g ready-rolled sheet Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- 150g ground almonds
- 75g butter, softened
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey, plus extra to serve
- 2 x 400g can apricot halves, drained
- 25g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Ice cream or crème fraîche, to serve
- Mixing bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) Gas Mark 4. Roll out the pastry onto a flat baking sheet.
- Mash together the ground almonds, butter, sugar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla and honey until smooth. Spread over the pastry leaving a small border around the edge.
- Dot the apricot halves over the top, scatter with the chopped pistachios, and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden and set, and the pastry is cooked and golden.
- Drizzle a little extra honey over the top, and serve with good vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche.