Butternut Squash & Blue Cheese Danish Pastries
20 minutes bake time
Find out how to make butternut squash & blue cheese danish pastries with this recipe – made with ready rolled puff pastry sheets and ready in just 20 minutes.
- 400g butternut squash, diced into 1½ cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 320g ready-rolled sheet Jus-Rol Puff Pastry
- 75g ricotta
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- 30g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Sharp knife
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6. Spread the butternut squash on a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and some seasoning and bake for 18-25 minutes until tender. Leave to cool.
- When the squash has cooled to room temperature, unroll the pastry, leaving the pastry paper underneath. Use a spatula to spread the ricotta over the top, then scatter over the squash, blue cheese and spinach.
- Tightly roll up the pastry from one of the longest edges and put in the fridge or freezer to chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6 again.
- Cut the pastry log into 8 even rounds, and arrange on a big baking sheet or in a roasting tin with about 3-4cm space between each round. Flatten each one with your hand so they look like squashed Chelsea buns. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and the filling melts together. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying for brunch, lunch or a picnic.